The Alerton BACtalk VLC-1600 is a high-performance, fully programmable input monitoring device. With 16 high-resolution inputs, it is perfectly suited for applications with high input density, where it can augment the input capabilities of other controllers. The VLC-1600 has no control outputs. As a native BACnet controller, it integrates seamlessly with your BACnet system communicating on a BACnet MS/TP LAN at up to 76.8 Kbps.
The VLC-1600 supports the Alerton Microtouch, as well as the Microset and Microset II intelligent wall sensors, which offer convenient data display, setpoint adjustment, and technician access to equipment setup parameters.
All VLC-1600 control logic is programmed with Alerton’s easy-to-learn graphical programming language, VisualLogic. An AZ-60 processor provides powerful operation, and nonvolatile flash memory stores all program data.
The VLC-1600 is built for high-speed processing, with an internal logical loop time of 100 msec. Programmable timers also maintain a resolution of 100 msec. The VLC-1600 supports pulse-type inputs, and high-resolution, 10-bit analog inputs are jumper-configurable to accept thermistor/dry contact, 0-5 VDC/4-20 mA signals and 0-10 VDC input signals.
Features and Highlights
- Capable – Four 10-bit universal inputs, five binary outputs, and one analog output
- Interoperable – Fully BACnet-compliant on MS/TP LAN at up 76.8 Kbps
- Versatile – Factory-loaded, completely programmable control logic can be field upgraded
- Reliable – AZ60 processor and extensive onboard filtering, with all program data backed up in non-volatile flash memory
- Fast – Internal logic loop of 100 msec